Who Can Join?
We would love to have you join us!
Our membership is open to anyone who works for an employer group of 500 employees or less within the state of Connecticut that provides Direct Deposit. Membership also extends to immediate family or household members. Once you join First Connecticut Credit Union, even if you leave your current employer, you may remain a member for life enjoying all the benefits of membership.
How do I Join?
- On-Line: Begin your application right now by clicking here.
- Visit Our Office: One of our Member Service Representatives will make opening an account an easy and pleasant experience. You will need to bring the following with you:
- Two valid forms of identification. Primary ID must be a driver's license, a military ID, or a passport.
- Cash or a check (made payable to First Connecticut Credit Union) for at least $5.00.
- Give us a call: If you don't have time to visit the Credit Union, you may call us at (203) 269-8718, or when beyond our local calling area, (800) 922-3344. We will mail you everything you need to open your account, including a postage-paid envelope!
Direct Deposit is a convenient way to build savings or pay loans. It automatically deposits your paycheck into your Credit Union account(s). The Credit Union also accepts Direct Deposit of government, retirement, and Social Security payments. This service usually begins within two pay periods. You may need to fill out a separate form from your employer to begin these services.
If you need more information on joining First Connecticut Credit Union you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember you are not just a customer in our credit union you are an owner and our financial partner!
We offer the following membership types:
- Primary (Single Membership)
For your eyes only. No one else has access to these funds. In the event of death, funds will be released to your estate on behalf of your designated beneficiary.
- Joint Membership
Two or more persons have access to funds (one of whom must be a Primary Member). Your joint owner can deposit and withdraw shares, but cannot vote, obtain loans or hold office unless she/he is also a qualified member. In the event of death, surviving owner(s) shall own all shares.
- Family Membership
We Invite your family to become active members of our family. They are all entitled to full membership privileges and benefits.
- Retirement Membership
We encourage you to retain full membership privileges upon your retirement. If you are eligible to join before, you are still eligible to join after retirement, as are your spouse and family members.
Even if you retire, move away or leave your present place of employment, you are still entitled to retain your membership privileges. The only requirement is that you maintain at least $5.00 in shares.
Remember, Once A Member, Always A Member!
To apply for membership online click here or to request more information, please contact us.